Monday, January 9, 2012

We Don't Need No Water

I have a beautiful article written, an article in which I examine the meaning of basketball to the city of Oakland, in which I examine the meaning of Monta Ellis and Steph Curry to the city of Oakland. I look at the history of the Warriors and the history of Oakland athletics, and how this history affects the current team. Through this lens, I conclude that I would rather the Warriors trade Monta Ellis than Steph Curry. This article has been written and rewritten, edited and reedited, every word carefully considered.

The article now sits in my (digital) trashcan. The debate is useless, a false dichotomy. The real dichotomy is between blowing it all up, and endless iterations. In the last year the Warriors have blown up their ownership, front office and coaching staff, and now it is time to light the fuse on the last stick of C-4 and blow this roster up.

Trade for CP3 or D12. Trade for draft picks. Cut David Lee. Let Klay Thompson start every game. Give Biedrins away. Institute a rule that says missed defensive assignment = bench. Try Monta Ellis as a legitimate PG. Let Steph Curry walk. Implement a full court press. Pick your radical change, but it must be implemented.

Blow this whole fucking thing up.

1 comment: